DEDICATED TO REVITALIZING THE RETAIL COMMUNITY OF GARFIELD RIDGE
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR PLAN
- Reduce Archer Avenue from six to four lanes.
- Introduce a dedicated left turning lane on Archer Avenue to keep traffic moving.
- Install diagonal parking on all side streets from Archer Avenue to the alley. This would prohibit cars from parking along Archer Avenue with a net gain of 160 parking spots.
- Widen the sidewalks by 7.5 feet on each side of Archer Avenue to allow for more pedestrian foot traffic.
- Antique lighting.
- Streetscaping including ornamental trees.
- Welcome gateway at Harlem Avenue.
- An obelisk at Narragansett Avenue to honor our veterans.
OUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS OF FEBRUARY 2016
- Developed a 20+ page Economic Plan for Garfield Ridge and presented it to Alderman Zalewski for his review and input.
- Gathered support (approximately 2,000 likes) from local neighbors via our Facebook Page.
- Met with groups similar to our own, such as the Berwyn Development Corporation, where we gained valuable ideas and strategies to develop our plan.
- Presented our Economic Plan for Garfield Ridge to state officials (Senator Martin Sandoval and Tony Munoz) for their review and input.
- Presented our Economic Plan to Speaker of the House Michael Madigan, Alderman Burke, Alderman Quinn and the City of Chicago, where we were successful in securing the City of Chicago to fund a Corridor Study. The Corridor Study will primarily detail the infrastructure improvements and provide a detailed economic analysis of our community.